Sunday, September 14, 2014

Shoe Heaven

I had never been to Harrods, but knew it is an upmarket store. So while I was in the neighbourhood, I figured I should check it out.

The store is huge - covering over 5 acres and a million square feet of selling space. It is the biggest department store in Europe.

According to Harrods' shop windows "Shoe Heaven" had just opened on the 5th floor.
BTW - In North America, we would call that the "6th" floor, but never mind, that is another story unto itself. Besides, I really can't imagine that I will be able to change a nation and get them to re-number all their floors to coincide with North American norms. There are many other quests that I am far more likely to succeed at.







Anyway, back to "Shoe Heaven".

It delivers as promised - and more.









We walked down a marble hall with large shops on each side dedicated exclusively to every upmarket designer known to the elite shoe enthusiast.









A fortune could be spent there - and I am sure many have already been spent.


John, you can relax, fortunately for you, I am not a Shoe Maven.

But, I do hear the jewelry department calling my name....




1 comment: