Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Our Own Home - REALLY?

John and I are thrilled to say - WE FINALLY HAVE A HOME!

It has been a L-O-N-G haul. (It literally took 3 months.)

On our fifth (yes FIFTH!) round of negotiations, paperwork, deposits, contracts, lawyers, delays, AWOL landlords, etc., we finally found a landlord that has integrity and stood by his/her word. (I will hold my tongue and not say another word about our negative experiences with multiple UK landlords/property owners.)

So, I will talk about our new home.

We love it!

It is in a new gated development that has re-used an historic optics factory and integrated new buildings. There are 95 units consisting of row houses, apartments and commercial studios.

The units' interiors are all newly designed with a warehouse feel - we are the first tenants.

The owner let me pick out the new window coverings, "because it is my home and it should be what I would like." (WHAT!?!? I was shocked and didn't know what to say. I nearly fainted!)

Outside the community gates we are in the thick of an awesome "old town" with coffee shops, restaurants, pubs, fishmonger, butcher, cinema, salons, gyms, grocery stores, bus stops, tube station and everything cool and funky! We will probably have to fight for seating space with all the young Hipsters at the coffee shops and pubs.


We are now taking reservations from guests - that can cook!




2 comments: