Sunday, June 14, 2015

Wimbledon... front row seats!




The name "Wimbledon" conjures up images of tennis balls, racquets, athleticism, drama, skimpy outfits.... oh wait, I digress... again....

Wimbledon is a town SW of London. It is also home, and much more renowned for, the internationally famous tennis tournaments of the same name.

The tournament has been hosted by the All England Club since 1877. It is the oldest tennis tournament in the world and still played on grass.

The prestigious international tournament takes place the last two weeks of June.





Okay, I have to give a full confession - when I was there the tournament wasn't actually on. My front row seats were not very exciting.

And the Press Room was empty except for tourists.


But I did see the centre court and the retractable roof - which exists because English weather is so predictably unpredictable. Unless you want to just count on rain, then it is predictably predictable and anything different is just plain bonus..... HUH????


But it was still pretty exciting to just be there.

Maybe there are some tickets in my future at the end of June... one year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment