Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Queen's Guards



I was at a meeting at the Royal Thames Yacht Club and in the middle of our discussions, someone said "Stop! Look out the window!"

Our heads all turned to look out the window to see a squadron of horses marching down the street!

It was the Queen's Life Horse Guard changing and the new mounts were heading in to relieve the existing guards.

A short while later we all stopped our meeting again to watch the relieved guards marching back to the Hyde Park Stables.

I have to admit, it was very exciting! So exciting, that I fumbled with my cell phone and only got the backsides of the Guards passing by. In both directions. How embarrassing.

Let me digress a moment to point out something I found interesting.... The Royal Thames Yacht Club is in Knightsbridge and is the oldest operating yacht club in the world - since 1775.

In my mind, the "interesting" thing about the Royal Thames Yacht Club, is, that there is not a drop of water in sight. As a matter of fact, the club is nowhere near the Thames River!

But anyway, I digress.          

Then I was in Windsor heading up to the Castle, and, look at what marched right past me!

The Changing of the Guards!






 With their own band!

Another exciting moment that I had to fumble to take pictures!













Shortly after, I was at the Tower of London, and, outside the garrison housing the Crown Jewels look what I found!

So exciting!

And then, one of the Beef Eaters walked by me.

I will admit - even though I live here now, it is still so much fun to get caught up in the excitement.

Okay, so I'm a Geeky Tourist.

If John is embarrassed he hides it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment