Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Gadzumped

In case I haven't already mentioned it, I hate househunting. Especially when I am desperate to find a home.

After a grueling search, I finally found an old Victorian rowhouse and put an offer on it.

It seems that here the paperwork involved in renting a property is more complicated than what we are used to and it takes a while to pull it all together.

After over 2 1/2 weeks of paper shuffling we were preparing to move in on the Friday. On the Wednesday afternoon, after delays and stalling from the landlord's side of the table, the landlord's agent called to say that the landlord had been entertaining another offer, for more money, so if we wanted him to sign the papers in order to move in a day and a half, as planned, we needed to give him more money!

As the locals say, we were GADZUMPED!!!

NOT!

So we walked away from the deal.

As they say, "when one door closes another opens."


I then scrambled and found an AWESOME loft flat in a converted old school building, that was not listed on the internet yet. I immediately put an offer on it.

Turns out three offers came in that day. Someone else offered more money.

So we are still homeless.

I am pounding the streets again. I have averaged 10km (6 miles) a day the last week hoofing around on foot looking for a home.

Upside I have burned approximately 600 calories a day in the process.

If I don't get a Teenage Butt after all this, I guess there is no hope for me ever achieving a Teenage Butt again!


No comments:

Post a Comment