Monday, October 5, 2015

Cinderella's Carriage: Transportation fit for Royalty



The Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace house the vehicles, carriages and horses for the Royal Family. 

The newest coach to the Royal Fleet is the Diamond Jubilee State Coach. 

The coach was made in Australia to celebrate The Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2012. 


The first motorized vehicle was a 1900 Daimler for King Edward VII.













The grandest coach is the Gold State Coach! It was built for King George III in 1762. 

It has been used for every Royal Coronation since King George IV in 1821.

It weighs almost four tonnes and requires eight horses to pull it. 

Even the gear for the horses looks pretty impressive (not to also mention, heavy!)







Alas, my transportation reality in London is the underground, bus and train.

Despite the fact that we are still car-less, and I have to carry my groceries home from the grocery store, I do not have car envy.




Besides, even if we had one, I have to ask - where would we put it? Parking in London is not easy to find!

Although, I would imagine if we were in one of the Royal Coaches, parking would not be an issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment