Tuesday, August 26, 2014

HURRY UP!!! And Wait....


Once we found out we were moving, August was a VERY busy month for us.

We took Bucky back to Florida to go to Guide Dog U.

Then I went up to Ottawa to visit my parents and sisters (and get a dose of Canadiana back in my blood!)

John went to Calgary and the mountains for his Annual Boys Canoe Trip. (He obviously did NOT draw the short straw!)

Then, we sorted the house for storage, purge, Salvation Army, air shipment and suitcase haul.

Then sold two cars.

Then kept the house in pristine condition for rental showings. Then found some great tenants (we hope!) - YEAH!!!!!

Opened bank accounts in the US with links to the UK.

What did I forget?


Oh and..... visited with friends and divested our liquor cabinet. (Another short straw!)

THEN..... we sat.... and WAITED.... and WAITED... for our work visa and passport to come back. Without them we could not leave to catch our plane - booked for Tuesday August 26th at 3:20pm.

Monday August 25th at 11:30am, with no passport and work visa in hand, John sent me a message that we did not have our paperwork and we were NOT leaving the next day.

Fingers crossed, we'd be leaving Wednesday - hopefully.

Ten minutes later he sent me a text message that we HAD our paperwork and WOULD BE leaving the next day!!!!

YIKES!

And now we sit in the airport.... WAITING for our flight....







John - keep in mind you owe me - BIG TIME!

And I have a very good and very lonnnnnnng memory.....

After all that, I am sooooooooo looking forward to sitting on the beach relaxing with a fruity little cocktail - complete with an umbrella..... in London!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment